Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We are engaged and have set a date!!

We became officially engaged on October 10, its a cute story so I'll give the short version of it. 
If any of you are looking for a fun way to make out, try making out with mints, or (my new favorite as of yesterday) pop rocks, or ice cubes...you will love it trust me, plus, you are focused on what is in your mouth so you have to be very good at multi-tasking to even try and make any other moves. So basically it is perfect for mormon standard make outs. Anyway, so Jared and I were going to go on a night hike on R mountain a little ways outside of Rexburg and so we headed over there around 9:30 pm or little before to start the hike.  At the beginning of the hike, Jared mentioned that he had a mint along for us to share later on.  I didn't think anything of it because he had made a comment about my ring not being able to be made the way I wanted it earlier on in the day.  It was windy and kind of cold so we were both wearing lots of layers.  When we got to the top we were just walking around and I had told him way before that I hoped that he didn't propose in front of the temple because that is so unoriginal and kind of cheesy.  We got to a spot at the top where we could see the temple and we were just looking at the stars and laughing and having a good time and he said something about sharing the mint he had. So of course I was just fine with that idea.  He played this off perfectly.  It was dark, so all I heard was the crinkle of the mint wrapper and he popped it into his mouth and then passed it to me....well....it clinked on my teeth on the way in and let me tell you...that was no mint! I took the ring out of my mouth and he took it from me and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  Of course I said yes yes yes!!
Any who...cutest proposal I've ever heard. But we finally set our date and we have decided to get married on January 9th, 2010 in the Spokane, Washington temple. 
So exciting! But very stressful and busy...that with school and homework and wedding planning and trying to find a job. Quite the semester!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your cute story with Jared. I wish both of you happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- I feel so cool that I'm like a follower to your blog. Whatever that means;) I'm just getting used to all this blogging stuff. Anyways, I loved the story. Way CUTE. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete